Saturday, March 3, 2012

Dedicated Teachers

Cyakabiri Preschool is thrilled to have such dedicated teachers for their 80 students. All have graduated from high school with a major in education. They have also attended a teachers training center to further their education. The children are very fortunate to have these teachers that love what they do and are committed to educating the future generation.

We asked the teachers to comment about teaching. In the photo below from left to right:

Theogene - "It is my chosen profession. I continue my studies at the University to get a teaching diploma. My goal is to succeed at University and qualify to be Head Teacher then Headmaster at this school. This job also helps me pay for my tuition."

Alexie, assistant to Theogene - "I like the people at Urukundo and Cyakabiri Preschool. I am treated with respect. I love working with children."

Andrew - "I love teaching. It is my desire to learn new techniques. Teaching here is helping me develop as a teacher."

Solange, assistant to Andrew - "I love the children and I love my job here. I also work as a tutor for grade primary 5 kids in the home. I am helping the children of my country get a education."

A surprise arrived a week ago from an anonymous donor. Boxes of teaching materials that are in English and Kinyarwanda, the language of Rwanda. Andrew and Solange were excited to review the materials.

Once the classroom building is complete 2 additional teachers will be hired and 40 more children, that are waiting patiently, will start school. We can't wait for the new doors to be open wide.

God surely has blessed all that is being accomplished through this gift of education!

No comments:

Post a Comment