Sunday, March 24, 2013

Kid Time

Everyday is a new day with all the children. On Saturday morning after breakfast some of the kids came bouncing into the house sticking their shoes out to show us. Yes to show us their new shoes. You see many were shoes we brought with our team in August. I remembered packing them! Crocs, sandals and a few sneakers. So of course it was photo op time and what fun we had.

A quiet moment came when I passed along a letter and photo from 11 year old George from my church. You see he had his parents purchase Olivier's piece of art at the Hearts for Rwanda art show. He was thrilled to write a letter for me to pass along. I can't wait to sit down with Olivier when he writes back.

While showing off the shoes, the kids found pairs of garden gloves we had brought out when sorting suitcases. They now became "monster hands".

But always the memories are filled with tender moments. Need I say more??

*New Shoes
*Olivier with his pen pal letter
*Monster Hands
*Carol Baney and Soso, 2 1/2 yrs


1 comment:

  1. Aw, the children's smiles and their joy is palpable. So amazing!

    ReplyDelete