Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Graduation Day

Thank you for being patient while I took a break from my BLOG. I needed to focus on setting up classroom to classroom partnerships with elementary schools in State College, meet with those interested in going in 2014, speaking with local organizations and churches and working on fundraising for the many projects. I am excited to also share that I will be featured in the December issue of Town & Gown in Lunch with Mimi. What an amazing opportunity and an amazing woman to sit down to lunch with.

But back to Graduation in Rwanda. This year, this October, we had 37 six year olds finish Kindergarten at our school at the Urukundo Learning Center. Graduation to first grade is a big event so parents and families came to honor their children's success. And with kids graduating that means openings for 37 more children to enroll into our preschool.

I'll let the photos tell the story of this special moment in so many children's and family's lives.









No comments:

Post a Comment