Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Tribute to Mama Arlene

From one of her young men.

"Please let me introduce you to an amazing lady by the name of Arlene!

7 years ago I met Ms. Arlene Brown in my home country. During that time, I was one of many hopeless young men and women who not only wake up to find themselves struggling to make sense of life, but also have limited, if not zero access to anything that could possibly change or even make their lives a little bit better.

After meeting Arlene, she learned about me and quickly became a climax of the story of my life, thus far....!!! Through her work in Africa, I was given hope and inspired to be a man that I am today! Mama Arlene refused to retire; instead she chose to leave the USA at 75 years to spend the rest of her life giving hope and opportunities to as many children and families in Africa!

It blows my mind every time I take a look back to my life 7 years ago, but then again it gives me courage and reasons to believe that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Today I am blessed to have Mama Arlene in my life and I ask you to please share the joy of celebrating her 83rd birthday with me today!"

MY HOPE HAS BEEN MADE REAL MAMA!!! THANK YOU!!! Kevin

Kevin was 16 years old when he first met Mama Arlene. He had been sleeping on the floor of a church and asked to find another place to stay. He heard about Arlene and decided he had nothing to lose going to meet her. She gave him a place to stay and because his English was so good she hired him as her interpreter. he was not going to school but she worked with him to prepare him to take the TOEFL. After a year she connected him to a church in Tennessee who paid for his Visa and Passport and his education at a small US college. He is now working on his MS in business. Lives connect and doors are opened filled with hope and joy. Mama touches lives each day! He is one of them.....9 years ago!,,

No comments:

Post a Comment