Monday, September 29, 2014

Art for Rwanda Artist

Sandi Garris ~~~

"I read the CDT's heartwarming story about the Home for Children in Rwanda and simply had to take part in this event! It's a win win situation...we artists donate for a great cause and the public gets to buy the art while knowing ALL the proceeds go to help these beautiful children.

I have been a fiber artist for almost 30 years and have 2 pieces that I am donating. I asked if the sewing school would need supplies? I am planning on a mad mad purging of my studio after my last show of the year in late October and have many new items that might be useful to the training center such as cone thread, marking pencils, etc. For years, I dyed fabric and sewed....first quilts and table linens, the framed work, but recently switched to painting on silk, so my sewing supplies are just sitting in my studio now."

Thank you Sandi for reaching out and making a great connection with me and the Urukundo Children's Home and Learning Center, which includes the sewing center. Wish you all the best on your upcoming shows!!!

Photos are of Sandi and her donated art.





1 comment: