Monday, August 17, 2015

Danielle and Dave PT 7

Day 7 (Cleaning Day, Saturday)
The kids call Saturday cleaning day. This name is fitting as everything is being swept, scrubbed, and washed. All the kids and adults are working together in making things spotless. I decide to join in the spirit and wash all of my dirty clothes. I had a warm bath for the first time since arriving as the water started running again (the last time the water was coming out of the pipes was the day we arrived).


Day 8 (Day of Rest, Sunday)
Everything sings in Rwanda. We attended our first church service here in Rwanda. Being raised in a predominately Black Baptist Church, most of my worships centered on singing to praise God. The service with the orphans and their caretakers was only different in the words and type of music used. The music was all in Kinyarwandan and mostly everyone got up to dance and sing. Though I could not understand the words of the hymns, I felt a connection with the people around me and their faith in God. Soon I was swaying with the music and clapping my hands enthusiastically.











No comments:

Post a Comment