Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Danielle and Dave Pt 10 Last Day

Day 13 (Last Day, Friday)
This morning I spent 2 hours digging dirt, swinging a pickaxe, and throwing rocks to cover up the silo with 1 meter of dirt. This covering helps to prevent rot in the feed and hopefully keep the water out of the silo. The rest of the day was spent resting, as I have never worked so hard in my life. My body ached and it wasn’t until long after lunch I could crawl out of bed to play with the kids one last time before dinner.

Our last time playing was great, I taught them hand games and I finally found an ingenious way to ride on one of the playground equipments I was too big for. Dinner was sweet too, there were last attempts to convince me to stay and it was almost like the dogs even knew I was leaving. The male dog, Simba, who is always aloof, but content when I pet him jumped up to give me a hug and tried to lick my face several times before dinner.

Devotion is especially special tonight, Mama Arlene comes up to sing with the kids and give them a lesson on God’s greatest gift. She announces our departure to all the kids and we are bum rushed. Every kid is trying to play one last game with me and give one last long hug. They say they’ll miss me and I promise to come back. I have to come back, Rwanda is now my home far away from home.





No comments:

Post a Comment