Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Our Kids

St. Paul's Sunday School kids are opening doors for others to serve. Last year Caroline Simon encouraged her teacher and another class at Mt. Nittany Elementary School to partner with our schools in Rwanda. Through her it has grown to 6 classes at Easterly Parkway Elementary. This fall Cooper Albert approached his teacher and now 6 more classes at Houserville Elementary will also partner with us by sending letters, art and books.

Over 250 kids and 12 teachers are involved. Kids are teaching kids and teachers are mentoring teachers in Rwanda. And it all started at St. Paul's. Thank you Tori, Sunday School director, St. Paul's Sunday School teachers and parents for nurturing your children to be a light in the world.

Cooper Albert, 3rd grader said, "I've really liked helping the children in Rwanda. At Sunday School we raised money to help buy a desk, goats and a pig. We also donated shoes for the children. At school I liked that we got to choose what we did for the "I Soy" project to help the children in Rwanda learn English for their second language. I hope I can help with more projects for Rwanda in the future! It's been fun to learn about Rwanda and help them at the same time!"

Rachel Foster, 4th grader, has connected with missions in Rwanda through St. Paul's Sunday School and Houserville Elementary School. "At my school, Houserville, we have been studying Africa. My class did a project to help Rwandan kids learn English. We wrote letters telling kids what we see everyday. It felt good to help through Sunday School and regular school. I like seeing my friends eager to help. It is very fun to help people in need. It means a lot to raise money for stuff that they need. Some people in the world aren't as lucky as we are. I know that people in Rwanda are happy we could help. I'm happy I could help."

*Cooper

*Rachel

* Emma and Caroline





No comments:

Post a Comment