Monday, October 20, 2014

African Map Project

Isn't it wonderful how God brings people together. I was visiting with Anne Pelikan to pick up her donated watercolor for Art for Rwanda and chatting over coffee I shared some ideas about the Everything Rwanda Kids area. I shared that it would be great to have an interactive, educational project that could go with me to Rwanda.

Well Anne had an amazing idea. She would draw a huge 6 foot map of Africa with the countries. Did you know there were 54 countries? We all do now! And it took her 2 full days to make it. Look how fantastic it is!!! Anne is on the left and Joanna, a kids room volunteer is on the right.

We decided to have the children write and draw messages for the children at the Urukundo Children's Home and School, then glue them to the map. Grace shows how its done. The map will travel with me when I speak at the local State College schools. They can write messages to be added to the map. Then it will go with me in March when I return to Rwanda.

Messages reach across the world! I love it!









No comments:

Post a Comment