Sunday, October 19, 2014

Traditional Rwandan Dance

Anytime a local event is planned supporting Rwanda, I am thrilled that the Rwandan community is a part of it. I first met Judith Mukaruziga 4 years ago through a good friend Mary Pat Dolan. They are realtors in the same office. After preparing a wonderful Rwandan lunch before I left for my first trip to Rwanda we became friends. And since then I have met many Rwandans that she and her husband have sponsored bringing them to the US.

At Art for Rwanda those attending were fortunate to see one of their performances. Grace, Janviere and Marie as well as Marie's daughter Lise wearing traditional dress and carrying traditional baskets swept gracefully through the sanctuary of the church as sun streamed through the stained glass windows.

Afterwards Judith and the girls answered questions about Rwanda and the culture of their beautiful country.







No comments:

Post a Comment