Monday, April 6, 2015

Height

The math projects from Radio Park Elementary also included a line graph with measurements of the height of students.

Good thing we have a sewing center where I could get a tape measure. The kids had such fun measuring each other then recording the results. Since they use the metric system their measurements were in centimeters. Then they decided to include measurements in feet and inches. Another learning opportunity.

While I was in another class a student said they had a surprise for me and wanted me to come to their class. One entire third grade class of about 26 students was lined up outside by height!!! They wanted me to take a photo so I could include it on the graph. Then we lined up the two tallest and the two shortest. What a difference!!













No comments:

Post a Comment