Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Mission Stitchers and More

Last year a group from First United Methodist Church in Muncy, PA contacted me to ask whether I could take their many girls dresses that they lovingly made. I did and they went to girls at our children's home, others in the community as well as girls at a refugee camp. Such a blessing.

They were so moved that there was a personal connection. That they actually saw some of our girls at the home wearing their dresses. So they called me again this year.

Mission Stitchers as they are called were busy making dresses and adding a t-shirt to go with them. Others sewed little dolls and knitters made bears. A suitcase was filled with their many gifts.

A call followed letting me know they raised funds at a church craft fair and wanted to know what was needed most. Their generosity paid for 40 pairs of pajamas, 3 bibles for our high school graduates and $150 towards the cost to get an extra suitcase to Rwanda.

I finally met two from the group, Nancy Grove and Gail Pentz when they drove to State College to deliver everything. I know they will be a partner for years to come. And in fact their church is considering a Rwanda project for their children and youth.

They are building relationships across the world.









No comments:

Post a Comment