Sunday, October 16, 2011

Departure

My departure date is Wednesday Oct 19 and it will be a long trip!!!

It's 11,610 miles to Rwanda

Rwanda is 6 hrs later than State College, located in the Central Africa Time Zone (CAT).

There are 6 times zones in Africa

I will fly direct from Washington Dulles on Wednesday October 19 for 13 hours to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and arrive on Thursday October 20.

I'm flying on a Boeing 777-200LR Jet. It is the world's longest-range airliner and holds the record for the longest distance flown by an unrefueled commercial aircraft.

I then fly for 2 hours to Uganda, then another hour to Kigali, Rwanda. Flying a total of 16 hours.

It is an hour drive to the Urukundo Children's Home just outside of Gitarama.

That's were I'll be staying until I leave on Thursday Nov. 3 and arrive in Dulles on Friday Nov 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment