Thursday, October 27, 2011

Suitcases of Donations

What fun it has been to share all the donated items I brought with me. The girls and boys loved all the soccer and basketballs. Right away they pumped them up with the one pump they had. Once the basketballs were pumped they were dribbling and spinning them on the tips of their fingers. And their maneuvers with the soccer balls were amazing.

The big kids and the little kids have been playing basketball and soccer whenever they can. If you could see the surface of the basketball court you would wonder how they can even bounce the ball and have it go where they want it to. but they make do.

Two families gave me funds to take some puppets to the preschool and they were such a hit. They are named John and Sala (Sarah). I said the puppets were thrilled to be out of my suitcase so they could meet all of them. What fun it was. If you could only have seen their faces.

I also fit in as many shoes as I could from the Barefoot Sunday collection at my church. Many friends also gave me shoes. I took 14 pairs of large sneakers that went to the guards and farmers. They are taking excellent care of them. I also brought flip flops, sandals and shoes for the little ones. Oh how I wished I had another 2 or 3 more suitcases full of shoes to give out. We'll get them there eventually.

It's always nice to be the person bringing everything, but they know many people have all been a part of my coming to Rwanda. Thank you all for traveling with me in spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment