Thursday, March 24, 2016

Happy Hugs Good-Night

Jenna, GoEd. student from Messiah College ~~

"My favorite part of living here at Urukundo is bed time. We all sit down together and enjoy songs and a story at devotions, but the best part is still to come. The kids pray and are dismissed, but before they go, they say goodnight to each and every one of us.

Receiving a hug from them could possibly be the best thing on Earth. Each hug is filled with love, kindness, and friendship. There are a select few of the kids who even kiss me on my cheek and say sweet dreams. The best part is that the kids do all of this because they want to, not because they are told to do it.

I think that is one of the reasons that I love this time so much. Hugs aren't given away to just anyone, they are saved for the people who are special. I am glad to be seen as a part of the Urukundo family, and I will always remember these goodnight hugs as someday I hope to receive them once again."

Too dark for night time photos...so here are Jenna's daytime hugs



No comments:

Post a Comment