Thursday, March 31, 2016

Midway Reflection

Connie ~~~ I am amazed to be in Africa. As a child I heard a missionary speak at church and thought, " I want to do that someday"

Of course life kept me busy with work, family and all the other activities until one day I found myself retired. I tried volunteering in several organizations, and signed on for my first service trip-a medical mission to Nicaragua. After five trips there, I still enjoyed the work. When a chance to go to Rwanda came along I was eager to see the country and find my place on a team.

Since arriving, I have met the midwife and seen two new mamas with whom we shared the layette kits. I toured a local hospital on Monday which I will share about, cleaned and organized in the little clinic here on the compound, helped the teachers and did projects with the kids.

So it seem my "someday" has arrived.








No comments:

Post a Comment