Saturday, March 7, 2015

Babies

For 5 weeks, from the end of January through February, I drove each week to DE to babysit my new granddaughter Savannah. She was 3 months old and my daughter's family leave time was over. As I watched our precious baby each week I saw so many little changes in her. Smiles grew, cooing began, feet pedaled faster than you can imagine. And she even came to know my voice. I loved this special time that was such a gift.

As I begin my 5th journey to Rwanda, a week later, I think about all the babies at the Urukundo Home. Ones who were found and were delivered to Mama Arlene. They have a home, mamas to love them and a safe haven. They sing and laugh and will have opportunities that they don't even realize. They are the fortunate ones. When I return each year I see these precious children that have grown with such wonderful personalities.

Janette, born November 11, 2013, was abandoned by her mother shortly after delivering at the hospital across the street from the home. The administrators and doctors knew we would take her in hopes the paperwork could be processed for her to stay. It all happened. God brought her to us and look how she has grown. When I was there March 2014 Janette was just 2 months older than Savannah is. Now a year later she is walking and I can't wait to see her. Aren't babies of the world just so beautiful!!!

Look at how Janette has grown this past year!!!









1 comment:

  1. What good Grandmother you are getting a picture of Miss Savannah in here .... love it!!

    ReplyDelete