Saturday, March 7, 2015

Toothbrush Challenge

I met with K-Cafe youth that are in middle and high school at my church St. Paul's UMC to share how they can be part of missions in Rwanda. I asked if they wanted to take on a challenge, something to strive for that would help others. They agreed and the 1,000 Toothbrush Challenge had a beginning. Now I needed a coordinator and Will Roeshot raised his hand. It turned out great as he is using this as his High School Project.

I asked why he volunteered and he shared, "I chose to do the toothbrush challenge because it seemed like a good idea and organized. I know it's for a good cause. Thank you St. Paul's for working with K-Cafe to help us beat our goal. Lastly it will help my academics as I learn about giving back and doing something with what has been given to me."

Well they exceeded their goal and collected ~~~~~ 2,170 !!!!!!!! ~~~~~

Right now I have packed 1,400 children and adult toothbrushes to take with me. The rest will come with a team in June. Who would have thought it would be such huge success? Thank you to the youth of St. Paul's!!!

Photos:
*The Challenge
*Will said yes!
*Picking up toothbrushes from local dentists
*Writing thank you notes to dentist and suppliers
*K-Cafe worked together









No comments:

Post a Comment