Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Wishing Beads 1

I first met fiber artist Judith Finkelstein when she donated fiber art for the Art For Rwanda event last October. A few weeks later we met for coffee and somehow the conversation turned to beads. I was interested in making beads with the kids in Rwanda but wasn't sure about the medium. Judith shared that she could show me how to make beads from sheep wool. So a time was set up for me to learn.

In January in her studio I learned the steps and actually made a bead. Then she surprised me with a gift of a huge pile of colorful wool for me to take. I was speechless as it was a lot of wool!!

Later while browsing the Barnes and Noble website for a book about beads, I came across the book "Emma and the African Wishing Bead". How perfect!! The project was ready for the school children in Rwanda.







No comments:

Post a Comment