Sunday, March 22, 2015

Butterflies David

Most days my time is spent visiting and helping in the classrooms on the sister school projects I bring with me. So I am on the move a lot! This day I travelled back and forth between David's afternoon kindergarten class and "How I go to school" in Primary 1, math graphing in Primary 2, biomes in Primary 3. Other projects were in action last week and will be finished this week.

Now back in David's class.....he was working on the second day of the butterflies attaching to sticks with scotch as they call it. Then he had them learn how to tie on a piece of ribbon. I'm sure after I left and the project was finished, the kids loved their new learning tool.

The teachers want to use them when teaching parts of the body touching their butterflies on their heads, knees and toes. They will continue with teacher trainings/ meetings after I leave and discuss how to expand on the projects that they did this year.

Last year I brought a huge kit on Butterflies with many projects and lessons made by a retired teacher friend, Lynn Saxton. I barely had time to introduce it but throughout the year they explored it themselves using many of the materials. They see how those materials and lessons can be used with this butterfly project.









No comments:

Post a Comment