Friday, March 13, 2015

Living Things

I was in our new teacher resource center when a 3rd grade student came in to pick up the Reptile and Amphibian Kit for her teacher. It was a kit that I put together with a teacher friend to bring last year. It included plants for fish tanks, rubber lizards, chameleons, frogs, turtles, life cycle information as well as lesson plans on reptiles and amphibians.

The lesson today was on living things. Francois, a new teacher this year, was impressed to find this kits and others at our school to help in her teaching.

It's was a bit chaotic and noisy as she passed around the rubber animals. Some wanted nothing to do with them while others were captivated. Remember they were only rubber animals but they did have that squishy feel. She told the students they would continue the lesson throughout the month.

When I returned home last year I hoped the kits would be used. I was thrilled to see they were. I thank all the teachers from State College that were instrumental in working with me on the kits....Lynn Saxton (butterflies), Janet Lybarger (amphibians and reptiles) and Karen Eklund (magnetism). The teachers are compiling a list of additional kits and lesson plans they would like for their teaching.










No comments:

Post a Comment