Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Light

The ministry in Rwanda is being supported in so many personal ways. The next entries, before I leave, will be sharing those stories. Thank you B.J. For sharing your story!!!

My name is B.J. Rhodes. I was born in a little coal town in Pennsylvania. I married my husband Jim and we have two daughters, Debbie and Becky. Now I'm a grandma to Daniel, Grace and Tommy. I became a teacher and I taught first grade for 31 years in the State College School District. Now I am retired.

I am happy to be able to sponsor this book and to write a message to the children of Rwanda because I know I'll never be able to travel there. This is my opportunity to communicate with the children there in some small way.

I went to bed one night wondering which book to choose at the Books For Rwanda event at St. Paul's United Methodist Church---Carol had so many! As I was just about to fall asleep, God spoke to me. He said, "choose a book about my life and include the song, Jesus Loves Me."

The next day at church I saw the book, The Light of the World by Katherine Patterson. This book is especially meaningful to me because it tells about the life of Jesus in a way that children can understand. It tells that he is a light that still shines in our world today. The story offers hope to everyone who hears it.

I included the music and lyrics to "Jesus Loves Me" because I thought it would be fun for the children to sing the song after they read the story. ~~ B.J.




No comments:

Post a Comment