Friday, March 7, 2014

Teachers 2

Here are more teachers sharing their love for children, with a desire to expand their world. To share nature and the beauty that surrounds them. To provide opportunities for creativity within their natural environment. To teach children to use their five senses to SEE what is in their community and beyond.

Janet Lybarger ~~~ "I've been retired for 3 1/2 years and miss working with children. I do some volunteer tutoring but it just isn't the same as having my own class of 1st or 2nd grade children to love and teach. I taught preschool in my younger days and know the three and four year old kids are tactile learners and "human sponges," soaking up knowledge. The Rwandan children will love learning about frogs and turtles! Thinking about how to write lesson plans on amphibians and reptiles was fun. So much is online now, that much of the work was going through the information and culling what was mist appropriate to send. I pray that God will use this mission work for good: to educate children, to promote peace, and to help Rwandan's know that Christians help others as a response to God's love."


Lynn Saxton ~~~ "I did my undergrad at SUNY College at Buffalo, majoring in Exceptional Children Education and Elementary Education and received a Masters Equivalency from the state of Pennsylvania. I taught in NYS for 3 years and in PA for 33 years. I taught K, 1st, 4th, 6th, Special Education, and the last 16 years I taught Computer Zed in the elementary, pre K-6th grade. It was so much fun to work on projects for the children and teachers in Rwanda. I did much thinking about them as I worked, and I pray that the mission team will have a safe and successful trip." *Lynn's focus was on caterpillars/butterflies


*Janet preparing her lessons
*Lynn sharing some of what she has prepared




No comments:

Post a Comment