Sunday, March 23, 2014

Prayer Shawls

Thank you St. Paul's knitters. I am humbled to be the one to bring your beautiful prayer shawls to Rwanda again this year.

Today Arlene took several to worship for the elderly women who worship with us. She brought one woman forward and presented it to her. What a huge smile and a wonderful blessing she gave us.

Then I was finally able to present one to Benjamin's 78year old mother, Bernadette. He is our builder and handyman. Carol, Nina and I walked 1 mile on a dirt road to her house. She recognized me from previous years and gave me a warm Rwandan greeting.

The blessing on each shawl says:
May God touch your heart with peace,
May God guide your soul to freedom,
May God fill your world with hope.

I wonder who else will be wrapped in your prayer shawls.












No comments:

Post a Comment