Monday, March 17, 2014

Land

We look forward to the rains we have each day. It means water for bathing, for the gardens and fresh air. Although today we had humidity and heat. But all in all we have been fortunate to be here when it is so lush. It's a beautiful country of mountains and what seems to be every speck of land abundant with agriculture.

We are eating a vegetarian diet of rice, potatoes, yams and beans with carrots and cabbage. But in another week I will be ready for goat meat or if I am lucky, some chicken. The coffee is great and the fruit.

It's amazing what one can get used to as far as food when you realize that our simple eating is what many in the world eat everyday. And food that many could only hope and pray for. I realize how blessed I am and how fortunate I am to experience life in this African country each year.







No comments:

Post a Comment